Recipe by Chocolatl
Alan King, with assistance from Mimi Sheraton. Adapted from Is Salami and Eggs Better Than Sex? (Answer will be given upon request! :) ) I've estimated some of the ingredients and cooking times. Alan King says this is one serving, but it's pretty big, and I think it could easily serve two.
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard (English style)
- 6 -7 ounces ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely minced
- 1 hardboiled egg, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 anchovy fillet, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- garlic toast, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg yolk, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcester sauce, and mustard.
- Blend with a fork until mixture is smooth.
- Add sirloin and mix gently.
- Add capers, onion, egg and parsley.
- Add anchovy fillet and turn to mix.
- Add salt and pepper. You may not need any salt if the anchovy is very salty.
- Gently shape mixture into an oval patty.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- When butter stops foaming, add meat patty.
- Saute briefly, about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until meat reaches medium-rare.
- Serve on buttered garlic toast.