Alan King, with assistance from Mimi Sheraton. Adapted from Is Salami and Eggs Better Than Sex? (Answer will be given upon request! :) ) I've estimated some of the ingredients and cooking times. Alan King says this is one serving, but it's pretty big, and I think it could easily serve two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard (English style)
- 6 -7 ounces ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely minced
- 1 hardboiled egg, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 anchovy fillet, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- garlic toast, for serving
- 1Combine egg yolk, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcester sauce, and mustard.
- 2Blend with a fork until mixture is smooth.
- 3Add sirloin and mix gently.
- 4Add capers, onion, egg and parsley.
- 5Add anchovy fillet and turn to mix.
- 6Add salt and pepper. You may not need any salt if the anchovy is very salty.
- 7Gently shape mixture into an oval patty.
- 8Melt butter in a skillet.
- 9When butter stops foaming, add meat patty.
- 10Saute briefly, about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until meat reaches medium-rare.
- 11Serve on buttered garlic toast.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Tartare, Medium Rare (Alan King)
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.3
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 474.6 mg
- Sodium 435.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 43.4 g