Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
This is the strangest Tatar Recipe I have ever seen. I grew up on this in berlin Germany. When we lived in Milwaukee you could not attend a wedding or gathering of any kind without Tartat on the menue. Ground Sirloin or Fillet salt, fresh fround pepper minced onions, raw egg yolk and capers. That's it. Serve with great Rhye Bread. :-) Now i am craving some. LOL
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks (virtually eliminates the chance of obtaining any diseases associated with consuming raw ground beef)
- 4 tablespoons dry red wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop sirloin into cubes.
- Place in food processor and chop/puree until meat is the consistency of ground beef.
- Mix with remaining ingredients; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serving Suggestions: Mound on a pretty plate and decorate the top with well-drained capers.
- Serve with thinly sliced rye or party rye. Chop fine hard-boiled eggs and red onions.
- Put in bowls alongside.