Recipe by Dawn
I enjoy the blend of green chile and cheese. In this recipe it takes your steak south of the border for an authentic Mexican Steak. No visa or passport required!
Top Review by Smilynn
WONDERFUL!! I used to order this at a TexMex restaurant several years ago that has since gone out of business. Thanks for bringing back an old favorite into my life! I served with spanish rice and beans. This will melt in your mouth!
- 2 -3 thin sliced quality cuts steak
- seasoning salt
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 2 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 (4 ounce) canswhole roasted green chili peppers (not chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 slices monterey jack pepper cheese or 2 -3 slices white Mexican blend cheese (sliced length wise)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Sautee onion, garlic and tomato for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Set mixture aside.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Cut green chile into long strips and set aside.
- Sprinkle seasoning salt on both sides of steak.
- Broil steaks (I broil the thin cuts 3-4 minutes) on one side.
- Remove from oven and place mixture of tomato, onion and garlic evenly on unbroiled side of steaks.
- Top with 2-3 strips of green chile.
- Next,place a slice of cheese on top of each steak (you will cover mixture and green chile strips with cheese slice.) Broil until steak is done and cheese is melted (about 3 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!