I enjoy the blend of green chile and cheese. In this recipe it takes your steak south of the border for an authentic Mexican Steak. No visa or passport required!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 thin sliced quality cuts steak
- seasoning salt
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 2 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans whole roasted green chili peppers (not chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 slices monterey jack pepper cheese or 2 -3 slices white Mexican blend cheese (sliced length wise)
- 1Heat olive oil in pan.
- 2Sautee onion, garlic and tomato for 3 minutes or until tender.
- 3Set mixture aside.
- 4Preheat oven to broil.
- 5Cut green chile into long strips and set aside.
- 6Sprinkle seasoning salt on both sides of steak.
- 7Broil steaks (I broil the thin cuts 3-4 minutes) on one side.
- 8Remove from oven and place mixture of tomato, onion and garlic evenly on unbroiled side of steaks.
- 9Top with 2-3 strips of green chile.
- 10Next,place a slice of cheese on top of each steak (you will cover mixture and green chile strips with cheese slice.) Broil until steak is done and cheese is melted (about 3 minutes).
- 11Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Tampiquena (Mexican Steak)
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.4
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 224.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 39.6 g