Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I enjoy the blend of green chile and cheese. In this recipe it takes your steak south of the border for an authentic Mexican Steak. No visa or passport required!
- 2 -3 thin sliced quality cuts steak
- seasoning salt
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 2 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 (4 ounce) canswhole roasted green chili peppers (not chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 slices monterey jack pepper cheese or 2 -3 slices white Mexican blend cheese (sliced length wise)
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Sautee onion, garlic and tomato for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Set mixture aside.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Cut green chile into long strips and set aside.
- Sprinkle seasoning salt on both sides of steak.
- Broil steaks (I broil the thin cuts 3-4 minutes) on one side.
- Remove from oven and place mixture of tomato, onion and garlic evenly on unbroiled side of steaks.
- Top with 2-3 strips of green chile.
- Next,place a slice of cheese on top of each steak (you will cover mixture and green chile strips with cheese slice.) Broil until steak is done and cheese is melted (about 3 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!
WONDERFUL!! I used to order this at a TexMex restaurant several years ago that has since gone out of business. Thanks for bringing back an old favorite into my life! I served with spanish rice and beans. This will melt in your mouth!
Loved it! I used sirloin steak medalions for the meat, (which if you serve on the rarer side is very tender) A simple delicious recipe.
This is super! I actually doubled the recipe and used pepper jack cheese slices. And baked it for 45 minutes. It was very greasy, but yummy yummy! THanks for a great recipe!