Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Southern Living Magazine. Simple, flavorful and served in a tortilla!
Make and share this Steak Tacos With Charred Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large poblano pepper
- 1 lb grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs skirt steaks (or flank steak)
- 2 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch size)
- fresh cilantro, as a topping
- queso fresco, crumbled
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush first 5 ingredients with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook corn and onions in hot pan, turning occasionally, 5-6 minutes or until charred. Remove from pan. Cook peppers in pan 5-6 minutes or until charred. Remove from pan. Cook tomatoes in pan 2-3 minutes or until charred.
- Rub steak with steak seasoning, and cook in pan over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan and let stand 5 minutes. Chop steak. Cut corn kernels from cobs and place in a large bowl. Chop onion, bell pepper, poblano and tomatoes. Stir together garlic, next 2 ingredients (lime juice and salt), remaining 2 tablespoons oil and chopped vegetables. Serve steak and salsa in tortillas with desired toppings.
To start with I had to make a couple of sub's. The market was having a sale on fresh corn but when I got there (3 days into the week long sale) they had completely sold out! So, I used frozen kernels. Them no poblano's around here so used jalapeno. OK, that said these came out amazing. I have been craving something Tex-Mex for awhile and this really hit the spot. Used the last flank steak in the freezer and it had been tenderized so the beef was flavorful and easy eat. The salsa packed a great flavor delight also. All in all Houston, we have a keeper. Made for PRMR.