Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Southern Living Magazine. Simple, flavorful and served in a tortilla!
Make and share this Steak Tacos With Charred Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large poblano pepper
- 1 lb grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs skirt steaks (or flank steak)
- 2 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch size)
- fresh cilantro, as a topping
- queso fresco, crumbled
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush first 5 ingredients with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook corn and onions in hot pan, turning occasionally, 5-6 minutes or until charred. Remove from pan. Cook peppers in pan 5-6 minutes or until charred. Remove from pan. Cook tomatoes in pan 2-3 minutes or until charred.
- Rub steak with steak seasoning, and cook in pan over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan and let stand 5 minutes. Chop steak. Cut corn kernels from cobs and place in a large bowl. Chop onion, bell pepper, poblano and tomatoes. Stir together garlic, next 2 ingredients (lime juice and salt), remaining 2 tablespoons oil and chopped vegetables. Serve steak and salsa in tortillas with desired toppings.