Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "Diners,Drive-ins and Dives', cookbook. I have not tried it yet.
Make and share this Steak Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -4 ounces rib eye steaks
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- oil (for frying)
- 4 (6 inch) white corn tortillas
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- diced tomatoes or diced red onions or shredded iceberg lettuce or salsa or sour cream or jalapenos or avocado
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. heat a medium-large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and cook the steaks to the desired doneness. Set the steaks aside, but hold on the skillet.
- In another small skillet heat about 1 inch of oil over medium heat. Using tongs, slide a tortilla into the hot oil, and cook just until soft and pliable, about 30 seconds. Repeat with the other tortillas. Set the pan aside.
- Thinly slice the steaks. Lay the softened tortillas on a work surface and divide the meat between the tortillas. Top each steak with some cheese. Fold each filled tortilla over into a taco shape.
- Add a little hot oil to the medium-large skillet. Cook the tacos in batches, turning once, until crisp on both sides and the cheese melts. Serve the tacos with tomatoes, onions, lettuce, salsa, and other toppings as desired.
These were awesome for lunch today!!! I only made one, using a small thin rib eye and flour tortilla. I cut the rib eye into slices and then seasoned with garlic powder, pepper and seasoned salt, I then fried them, along with some onion slices, in the oil. I then added this mixture to the tortilla along with some cheddar and monterey cheeses and then fried it. I served it with some lettuce, salsa and sour cream. Will definitely make these again, especially when rib eyes are on sale, so delicious!!! Thanks Mightyro for posting the recipe!!
They were good, and easy to make. Made recipe as posted. Used tomatoes, lettuce, and sourcream.
I have done this one twice!!!! I must say a great and easy one. easy to add some personal flare also I fry mine in garlic and pepper oil and used flour tortillas once. try it, it is great!