Recipe by JanetSmith154
I think I've made this once - found it in a recipe box - If memory serves, it was tasty!!!! And very healthful. Use the low sodium beef broth if you can get it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, chopped and peeled
- 8 ounces snow peas
- 1 red bell pepper, juliened
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/2 tsp cornstarch with 1 tsp water.
- Slice meat against the grain into 2 in strips.
- Whisk egg white until foamy, then add salt and cornstarch.
- Stir in beef and set aside.
- In another bowl combine hoisin, vinegar, broth, cornstarch and water and sesame oil.
- Using a wok, preheat and add peanut oil.
- Stir fry beef, undrained, until brown.
- Stir in ginger.
- Fry an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add sauce and vegetables.
- Fry 1-3 minutes until all heated through.