Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tweaked Lauren Bacall's recipe from In the Kitchen with Miss Piggy.
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 3 steak, chopped, steak-umms, you can use deli roast beef shaved
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, can be chili sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1 lb spinach
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, cut in thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon pepper, coarse cracked
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Boil the beef broth with the chopped steak-umms until cooked and reduced to 1/4 cup. If using roast beef, you don't need to cook it, just chop and add it to the cooked broth.
- Whisk sesame oil, lemon juice, tahini, and soy sauce together.
- Add ginger and stock.
- Put spinach, red onion, and mushrooms in a bowl.
- Add tomatoes.
- Pour dressing on.
- Grind in pepper.
- Toss; sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
This was good :). Used Laura's steak. Squeezed some honey into the dressing as the sesame, soy, lemon, tahini combo struck me personally as a little bitter. The dressing was good warm and it looked pretty with the seeds sprinkled on top :). Thank you.
Super quick, super easy, super tasty recipe! I don't care for onions so left them out, and used 1/2 sesame oil, 1/2 regular oil for the dressing, otherwise made as directed. The dressing is so flavorful and the heat of it wilted the spinach a little which I thought was great. Thanks for sharing this recipe!