Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came from a Better Homes & Garden cookbook. I use more parmesan cheese than the original recipe. It's a great low carb dish!
- 8 slices bacon (cook till just done but not crisp)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb beef top round steak
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and well drained)
- 1⁄2-1 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Score steak by making shallow cuts at 1 inch intervals diagonally across the steak in a diamond pattern. Repeat on the other side. With a meat mallet, pound the steak into a 12x8 rectangle, working from the center to the edges. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange bacon lengthwise on the steak.
- Spread spinach over bacon. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Roll up from short side. Secure with wooden toothpicks at 1 inch intervals, starting 1/2 inch from the end. Cut between the picks into slices.
- Place cut side down on an unheated broiler rack of a broiler pan. Broil for 6 minutes on each side. Remove picks and serve.
- These are great to freeze before cooking and keep on hand.
Super easy to make and the ingredients were inexpensive! This looks like a fancy dish without a ton of work. I used cubed steak and canned spinach, came out beautifully. The whole meal cost me less than $10 and that included the side dish! I cut the steak so that each bacon slice was rolled into one piece. Thanks so much for this recipe!
I used garden cream cheese and fresh spinach and they were quite good. I will try it with frozen spinach next time as the fresh was too bulky but tasted great! I like sneaking in those veggies to the kids and they don't realize it LOL If they just saw spinach in a bowl, they would not eat it but this way, they do! Thanks!