Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Easy to make and great on a cool fall night. Serve with corn bread or one of your favorites to make it a complete meal.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean sirloin steaks (ground)
- 1 large onions, chopped or 1 cup onion
- 2 stalks celery, sliced or 1 cup celery
- 4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth or 4 cups beef stock
- 3 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes, peeled and seeded, reserve juice
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 cup frozen carrots
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta, like ditalini
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain well; return to Dutch oven.
- Stir in half of the beef broth, undrained tomatoes, mixed vegetables, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Add Pasta, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together remaining beef broth and the flour. Stir into mixture in Dutch oven. Cook until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Makes 6 main-dish servings.