Recipe by Lauriann Mosillami
This is a wonderful hearty tasting soup-serve with a dark bread like pumpernickel.
Top Review by dolores in paradise
This recipe is the very best on hamburger soup, I believe, It is almost the same one I have used for about 30 years. I always just dump, and end up with in correct portions, so thank you for making a real recipe, I shall use it. This soup will make dinner.. it's healthy cheap and easy..through it in the crock, use whatever veg. spice you like,even meat balls. We like pepper flakes and garlic "just a dash" of thyme and basil and a potato. Thanks Lauriann for posting.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth, college inn
- 1 (14 ounce) canof chopped Italian tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef,remove from pan and set aside.
- Add to same pan, oil,carrots, onion, and celery, cover and cook till veggies are soft about 5 minutes.
- Gradually add beef broth, and tomatoes, water, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Return ground beef to pan bring to a boil and simmer about 25 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas and parsley and simmer 5 minutes more.