Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From the Rival crockpot recipe book . This recipe is delish, super easy and very economical.
- 2 lbs ground chuck, browned and drained
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 5 cups water
- 5 tablespoons instant beef bouillon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt, to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients, except butter, flour and salt in stoneware.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 12 hours (HIGH: 4 to 6 hours).
- One hour before serving, turn to HIGH.
- Make a paste of the melted butter and flour. Stir until smooth. Pour into stoneware. Stir until well blended. Season soup, if desired, with salt.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until thickened.