Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
In 'Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 flour tortillas, fajita-size
- lettuce, chopped
- tomatoes, finely chopped
- grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Cooking Day:.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano to form a paste.
- Coat both sides of steak with olive oil paste.
- Wrap steak in plastic wrap and then place in freezer bag; remove as much air as possible, and seal bag. Take a cake pan, or another pan with sides and lay bag flat; place pan in the freezer and flash freeze. Once flash frozen, remove bag from pan and place bag inside freezer.
- Serving Day: defrost meal--place in the refrigerator with a pan, plate, or bowl underneath to catch the extra moisture (or leaks) from defrosting; thaw completely.
- Let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill over direct medium heat until steak is desired doneness; let rest for a few minutes, then slice steak across the grain into thin strips.
- Assemble soft tacos using warmed flour tortillas and desired toppings.
- *254 calories, 16.5 g fat, 0 g fiber.