Recipe by 4-H Mom
I came across this recipe in a magazine while at the hospital with my Mother.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
Very good recipe. I added more rice to make it stretch a little for our larger family and that worked out just fine for us. I also scattered some sesame seeds on top. The snow peas were a great treat. I'd like to add some edamame too. Made and Reviewed for 123 Hit Wonders Tag - Thanks! :)
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 8 ounces steak, cut into cubes
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom, stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add eggs and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook until eggs are firm and set, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer eggs to a cutting board and set aside.
- Add garlic and giner to the same skillet, cook for 1 minute. Add steak and cook until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Add carrots, snow peas and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are softened, about 3 minutes. Add soy sauce and sesame oil and bring to a simmer. Stir in rice and heat through. Remove from heat and stir in scallions.
- Slice eggs into thin strips. Spoon fried rice onto a serving platter, top with eggs and serve.