Recipe by Erin May
Your traditional meat and veg mix with mashed potatoes on top. I took a few different recipes and combined them to make this one that we love! My advice is always to pre-chop everything. It makes it so much easier. This way also you can enjoy a glass of the wine you're cooking with while you're cooking!
Top Review by Mumma=^..^=
Not bad at all. There was no mention of how much salt to use, though I added some. Not enough, had to add more afterwards. I had no wine, so I added a splash of beer and some beef broth for the liquid, with adequate salt it was quite good.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs steak (you can use the cheap stuff here because its all mixed in)
- 2 large white onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch scallion
- 1 bunch parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 large potatoes
- shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil and cook steak in large saucepan for ten min on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- The goal is to cook the meat slowly to seal in the flavor.
- In a separate saucepan cube all potatoes, cover with water and boil until soft - usually 15 to 20 min if you cube small enough.
- Add all onions, carrots and scallions to the steak and saute about 5-10 minute.
- Add Herbs, corn to the meat/veg mixture and saute another 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup wine and saute on med low heat 10-15 minute.
- Meanwhile drain the potatoes, mash (by hand - it tastes better) and add butter and milk to soften.
- Set aside.
- Pour Meat mixture into a casserole dish, add mashed potatoes on top and cover the entire thing with cheese.
- Cook at 350F for 30 minutes or until potatoes look crispy.