Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Not really a meatloaf, but not really a hamburger. Just really good.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage
- 2 cups cooked rice, cold
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups water
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Form into 6'steaks' (oblong patties).
- Place in baking pan and bake at 450 F for 20 minutes.
- Drain any grease.
- In small saucepan, heat all gravy ingredients until smooth and thick.
- Pour over steaks.
- BAke 20 minutes or until cooked through.
very nice and easy dinner, i used half beef and half pork. and so much quicker to prepare than meatloaf
This is such a simple recipe, but it came out tasting SO good! The gravy didn't really thicken, or maybe I was too impatient, so I added some cornstarch... I used Recipe#153788, maybe there's something in the store-bought mix that I was missing. I'll definitely make this again, maybe adding some mushrooms or green peppers or something to the "steaks."