Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this recipe because it's fast to make, very tasty and low in fat! My mother-in-law gave this recipe to me years ago.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, to cover bottom of pan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice, cooked
- brown the round steak in the heated olive oil, garlic & ginger for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add pepper and celery, cook 5 minutes longer. Add tomatoes, bring to boil. Meanwhile, mix 1/2 Cup water and cornstarch. Add the soy sauce and mix well. Add soy sauce mixture to other ingredients in the pan and stir until thick. Serve over prepared rice.
- * tip: slicing round steak is easier if partially frozen.