Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
If a steak is good it doesn't need any sauce -- just some garlic butter and a dusting of salt is best. Anything else -- even my favorite BBQ sauce -- just covers up the real taste.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon bottled grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons Heinz ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes stirring.
- 2. Remove from heat. Allow to cool to lukewarm.
- 3. Put mixture in a blender till it is pureed. Pour in bottle.
- 4. Cap tightly and refrigerate to use within 90 days.
Quick, easy and good tasting. I did not have the grated orange peel but it tasted great without it. Thanks for posting, will be making again. I too believe in just butter and seasoning for your steaks and only using steak sauce as an ingredient when called for in making a recipe.
I seen about five different web sites with the same recipe, What I am going to do is omit the orange zest because it is too much on the orange side and add in a half of teaspoon of worcestershire sauce to give it that kick. You can add more worcestershire if need in the cooking process.