Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Plan ahead the sauce needs to be refrigerated for 24 hours before using
Make and share this Steak Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 small onion, minced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (can reduce slightly)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (optional or to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes or more.
- Adjust ingredient amounts to taste.
- Strain if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate 24 hours or more.
I cut the recipe in half; it was perfect. Just what I was looking for. Who needs A1?! I used onion powder instead of minced onions; it was simply easier to do so tonight. Thanks for posting!
This was really good! The recipe was easy to cut in half. I added a few tablespoons to my ground meat mixture for burgers and they tasted great. Love your recipes Kittencal!
This sauce was perfect with the crow I had to eat for dinner (and of course with the NY Strip too). I do not like steak sauce, I don't use steak sauce, I don't buy or make steak sauce... and I am sure at least 100 people know I don't touch the stuff... well, I until now. I used my homemade spicy ketchup, imported mustard (instead of prepared) and organic cider vinegar. This was fabulous as a marinade. I made the sauce b/c it was an ingredient I needed for Nimrod Cook's Grilled Strip Steaks with Horseradish Guacamole I now believe that not all steak sauce ruins meat. Thanks Kitz! 10/20/06 - Update used it again in A-1 Pot Roast Chuck Steak and it was so yummy!