Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband started making this and it was a hit..shocked me, but I love it too. lol
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices white bread, toasted (1 inch thick)
- 1 head boston lettuce, leaves washed and dried
- 1 lb cooked sirloin steak, thinly sliced (deli meat if in a hurry)
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, tarragon, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Layer the bread with lettuce and steak and drizzle with the tarragon mayonnaise.
- Serve open-faced sandwiches.
I cooked my steak in the crockpot for several hours with a bottle of Italian dressing, then shredded the meat and made tiny sandwiches on those little finger rolls for a party. Had to stop my boys from eating them all before the party. Excellent recipe.