Recipe by pines506
These are sooo good dripping with butter and topped with avocados....Reminds me of digging the "butter" out of the bone in chuck steak and spreading it on tortillas. This is good even with leftover steak. The amount of tortillas used depends on how thick you stuff them! The "resting" time for the meat is including in the cook time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- corn or flour tortilla
- chopped tomato
- sliced red onion
- grated monterey jack cheese
- red taco sauce or green taco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the garlic, lemon juice and salt.
- Lay flank steak out flat and spread with mixture; let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Broil steak 3 to 4 minutes on each side a few inches from the heat.
- Slice across the grain into diagonal slices.
- Warm tortillas over burner (if you have a gas stove) or on a hot griddle, make sure they are still soft and pliable. Immediately spread butter on the tortilla and top with steak and other toppings of choice.