Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
What can I say? This recipe is awesome! It is easy and tastes superb! The original was in Bon Apetit, August 2005. However, I have tweaked it a bit and here it is. I did not include cooling time but this whole sandwich can be made 1 day ahead.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried herbes de provence
- 6 ciabatta, rolls or
- 6 kaiser rolls
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 lb brie cheese, chilled, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups watercress, loosely packed
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- Char peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackend.
- Transfer to medium sized bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cool.
- Peel, seed and cut peppers lengthwise into 1/2 inch wide strips. (Can be made 1 day ahead, cover and refrigerate.).
- Brush beef with oil; sprinkle with herbes de Provence, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Grill beef to desired doneness, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes for rare.
- Transfer beef to plate.
- Chill uncovered until cold, about 4 hours.
- To Prepare Sandwiches:.
- Slice beef.
- Cut rolls horizantally in half.
- Mix mayonnaise, horseradish and mustard together and spread over cut sides of rolls.
- Arrange beef, Brie, watercress, eggs and pepper strips on bottom half of rolls.
- Cover with top of rolls.
- Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap in foil and refrigerate.