Recipe by Billiebcc
These are my hubs favorite steak sandwiches. Between him and his friends there are never any left.
Top Review by A Girl and her Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig and I love this recipe. It's one that he requested we have as often as possible. I told him I'd make this once a month. I used whatever steak I had in the freezer this time...a combination of flat iron and round steaks. I'm going to be serving it with wild rice tonight.
Instead of just marinating the steak, I sliced the steak and put it with the onions and peppers in the marinade. I was only able to marinade for four hours this time, but it should still be good. I'll put all of this in a large frying pan. And instead of rolls, I bought a loaf of ciabatta bread that I'll cut in half and cut into pieces after it's broiled.
I love this recipe!
- 1 round steak
- 1 large green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 -12 slices provolone cheese
- 10 -12 ciabatta rolls
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine marinade ingredients, whisk together. Place round steak in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let sit in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- Take steak out 30 minutes prior to cooking, discard marinade. Grill to desired doneness and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cook pepper and onion in oil in a pan until tender.
- Split rolls and place some sauce on each side.
- Slice cooked steak very thin. Place steak on one half of each roll, cover with peppers and onions and once slice of cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly, cover with other half of roll and serve!