Recipe by ellie_
The sauce needs to marinate overnight but these go together in no time at all making it a great sandwich supper for busy week nights. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (Ocober 1985)
Top Review by anme
I made this for my mother tonight and scaled it down to one serving just about. I kept the catsup sauce the same tho and saved the extra to marinate some other meat in for tomorrow. My mother really enjoyed this sandwhich, with the addition of provolone cheese.
- 1 cup catsup
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons steak sauce
- 3⁄4 cup chutney
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced into rings (optional)
- 3 -4 French rolls, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients (catsup - bourbon) in a large bowl, cover and refrigerate over night or at least 4 hours.
- Pour sauce into a saucepan, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet melt butter and oil over high heat; add steaks and onion rings in batches and brown well.
- Add steaks and onions to sauce and stir until heated through.
- Spoon mixture onto rolls.