Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy way to make a delicious steak sandwich on garlic bread with cheese.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 lb flank steak
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (garlic powder can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat grill or pan. Oil, salt and pepper your steak. Cook steak. Grill or pan fry for about five minutes turning only once. Allow to rest for another five minutes. While steak is cooking, prepare the garlic bread. Slice bread in half lengthwise, but don’t don’t cut all the way through. Spread and toast lightly in a large pan. Mix garlic with butter or oil and spread on bread. Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and add mozzarella cheese to one side and the cheddar cheese to the other. Return to oven for five minutes or until cheese is nicely melted. Slice the steak across the grain and place on top of the garlic cheese bread and enjoy.