Recipe by Trisha W
I found this recipe about 30 years ago in a magazine - though I no longer remember which one. Wonderful when you want a meat dish!! And very simple to make.
Top Review by wannaB
I pulled this recipe for my DH to put together on his day off while I was at school. It said to cut into serving size pieces, but he cut it into bite size pieces. LOL! He used diced tomatoes with a little Italian seasoning, and then he coated the beef with flour and browned it before proceeding with the recipe. Everything else was followed exactly, and I can say we thoroughly enjoyed it! Served with mashed potatoes and green beans. OMG! We will make this again. Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 lbs chuck steaks, cut into serving pieces.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (I use Lipton's)
- 1 (16 ounce) canpeeled Italian tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- garlic powder, to taste (or garlic clove, chopped fine)
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (I prefer olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar