Recipe by Aja #2
This is a super easy, easy-on-the-budget meal. My mother made this for years, and it was always a family favorite. Great if you are pressed for time, and it tastes even better if you make it the day before and refrigerate it overnight. Serve with rice or egg noodles.
Top Review by GeneMoser
I've made this for years and the family always enjoyed it. Generally I serve it with noodles to sop up the gravy. In addition I first brown the meat before simmering and I generally add chopped black olives the last few minutes of cooking.
- 2 lbs chuck steaks, 1 inch thick, cut into serving pieces
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (we use Lipton)
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled Italian tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- garlic powder