Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a traditional salad which has it's own dressing. It has steak strips in it and it's tasty with tortillas.
- 1 lb steak
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut in small strips
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 5 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 avocado, cut in quarters
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot red peppers
- 10 whole wheat tortillas
- Mix the red pepper, packed brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, Chili, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Rub the mix onto the steak.
- Grill the steak and once cooked, cut into in small strips.
- Mix all of the vegetables together in a bowl.
- Squeeze lemon into the bowl.
- Add juice and oil.
- Add salt, black and red peppers.
- Mix the steak into the salad.
- Place some of the salad in your tortilla and enjoy. Feel free to add non-fat sour cream and shredded cheese.