Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hearty enough to get your man to eat salad for dinner.
- 12 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups julienned barbecued steak or 4 cups cooked beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup broken blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- chipotle salad dressing (recipe below)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Divide lettuce among 8 plates. Top with avocado and steak. Sprinkle cheese and tortilla chips over steak. Top with tomatoes. Drizzle Chipotle Dressing over each salad. Serve immediately.
- Chipotle Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except cilantro until blended. Stir in cilantro. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.