Recipe by Deantini
Wonderful salad for a warm summer evening; serve with crusty bread
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
This is one seriously amazing salad! So many amazing flavours! It was the perfect weekday lunch and kept me really full until dinner. Loved the sauteed mushrooms too; I hoped to share this with my partner, but it's too delicious, so I may have to eat it all myself!!
- 1 lb flank steak (or strip loin or other grilling steak)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons horseradish, prepared
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Cook until medium-rare - approx 8 min - and place on cutting board and tent with foil. Let stand for 10 minute Slice thinly accros the grain.
- Whish mayo, milk, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet and saute mushrooms, garlic, thyme and a bit of salt and pepper until mushrooms are golden - approx 5 minute.
- Place spinach on platter, add steak, mushrooms, red onion, cherry tomatoes on top and drizzle with dressing.