Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wonderful salad for a warm summer evening; serve with crusty bread
Make and share this Steak Salad W/Creamy Horseradish Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb flank steak (or strip loin or other grilling steak)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons horseradish, prepared
- salt, to taste
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Cook until medium-rare - approx 8 min - and place on cutting board and tent with foil. Let stand for 10 minute Slice thinly accros the grain.
- Whish mayo, milk, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet and saute mushrooms, garlic, thyme and a bit of salt and pepper until mushrooms are golden - approx 5 minute.
- Place spinach on platter, add steak, mushrooms, red onion, cherry tomatoes on top and drizzle with dressing.
The best lunch since I don't know when!! I made 1/4 of this recipe for myself and made it pretty much as listed. I used sirloin steak, light mayo, no oil or red onions - tiny changes for sure. The flavour in this is great and I would probably double my horseradish the next time for a hotter dressing. Delicious!!! Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks Deantini! :)
This was wildly delicious! For the dressing, instead of lowfat milk I used 2 T. heavy cream. Much less horseradish, about 2 teaspoons. We thought the dressing was outstanding on the steak. I also marinated my Walmart NY strips, then grilled over charcoal and sliced thin for the salad. Loved the red onion in this as well, I like to mince it so that I don't crunch down on it! This dinner made us so happy; thanks for posting something we'd LOVE to eat again soon!