Recipe by weekend cooker
With just the steak to cook, this is a great tasty, flavorful recipe that can feed the family in a hurry. With honey dijon mustard, dried cranberries, and seasonings, this is one appetizing meal.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Made for CrazE Contest 2011. WOW!!!!!!!!!! We loved this recipe chef. I was unsure if DH would like the cranberries and walnuts on the sandwich but he ate through them no problem. He did mention them a time or two but did not seem to stop him. LOL I loved the saltysweet mixture and will make this again for us. I did not have pumpernickel bread so used dark rye bread. After putting the sandwiches together I did put it on my panini grill and grilled them for a minute to toast them up. OH LORDY was it great. Thank you for a great recipe and one I will use again and again. I may omit the nuts and cranberries for hubby but not for me. YUMMY! Good Luck chef.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed sirloin steak (cooked)
- 2 ounces havarti cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄8 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh basil
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, and chili powder.
- Stir in cubed steak, havarti cheese, celery, cranberries, walnuts, parsley flakes, and basil.
- Place lettuce on 4 slices of bread, and top each with 1/2 cup steak salad, and remaining bread.