Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
What a great way to use left over steak. We love using tri-tip grilled medium rare for this perfect summer meal.
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large Belgian endive, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, coarsely crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb steak (such as New York, rib-eye or filet mignon, grilled and chilled)
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, Belgian endive, red onion, baby arugula and cherry tomatoes, and half of the cheese. Toss the salad with enough vinaigrette to coat.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the salad on a platter.
- Cut the steaks crosswise into thin slices. Arrange the steak slices atop the salad and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Drizzle more vinaigrette over the steak slices and serve.
- Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- Mix the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually blend in the oil.