Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
"This is a quick and easy meal for those hot summer evenings." -- by Linda Miller
- 1 3⁄4 lbs beef sirloin steaks
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grate. Place steak on grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached. Remove from heat and let sit until cool enough to handle. Slice steak into bite size pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in the cheese. Cover and place dressing in refrigerator.
- Onto chilled plates arrange the lettuce, tomato, pepper, onion and olives. Top with steak and drizzle with dressing. Serve with crusty grilled French bread. Enjoy!