Recipe by Kmac
Depending on if there will children eating this, I sometimes omit the water chestnuts and green onions. Good just with bacon wrapped steak, too!! Note: IIf you don't want to use bourbon, you could sub fruit juice (apple, pineapple, etc) in the sauce.
- 2⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lb New York strip steaks or 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- salt and pepper
- 15 scallions, pieces 3 inches long
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 8 slices thin-sliced bacon, halved crosswise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk bourbon, sugar and vinegar together in a bowl; set aside.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each chunk in a piece of bacon along with a piece of scallion and a slice of water chestnut, skewer with a toothpick.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat. Brown rumaki on all sides about 8 minutes total; transfer to a plate.
- Pour off drippings, then deglaze pan with bourbon mixture. Simmer until slightly syrupy, 2-3 minutes. Take off heat; add vanilla and salt to taste.
- Serve sauce over rumaki.