Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Store mixture in an air-tight container.
- To use: Rub the seasoning blend on a steak and grill, or use it to season beans, rices, grains or vegetables.
I used this rub on a pork steak and it was great. I rubbed a generous amount on the steak in the morning and let it rest in the fridge all day. I wasgoing to BBQ it but it poured rain so it ended up being pan fried with mushrooms, Thanks Dancer for an excellent steak rub!
I had tried recipe #18556 previously and enjoyed it, but still had some steak in the freezer. This recipe had less salt in it, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It had a good flavor, but I'm partial to the sugar and nutmeg in the first recipe I tried. After trying both recipes, I think that I'll use this base recipe because of the similar taste with a lower salt-to-spice ratio, but add the sugar and nutmeg from the other recipe. Overall, this was a good recipe though. I'm definitely going to recommend it to my grill-happy Dad this summer (he and Mom are always looking for new stuff to grill every summer).
This is a very good seasoning! My husband and I liked it a lot! I will definitely make it again. The first time I tried it on grilled steak, as was suggested. Delicious! The next time ... I tried it on pork chops prepared in a covered skillet (with a little bit of water) and it again was great! Thanks!