Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Store mixture in an air-tight container.
- To use: Rub the seasoning blend on a steak and grill, or use it to season beans, rices, grains or vegetables.
I had tried Steak Seasoning for the Steak House previously and enjoyed it, but still had some steak in the freezer. This recipe had less salt in it, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It had a good flavor, but I'm partial to the sugar and nutmeg in the first recipe I tried. After trying both recipes, I think that I'll use this base recipe because of the similar taste with a lower salt-to-spice ratio, but add the sugar and nutmeg from the other recipe. Overall, this was a good recipe though. I'm definitely going to recommend it to my grill-happy Dad this summer (he and Mom are always looking for new stuff to grill every summer).
This is a very good seasoning! My husband and I liked it a lot! I will definitely make it again. The first time I tried it on grilled steak, as was suggested. Delicious! The next time ... I tried it on pork chops prepared in a covered skillet (with a little bit of water) and it again was great! Thanks!
Brilliant.....however when it has finished grilling and ready for plate i make a sauce (hp sauce, sour cream and worcestershire sauce ) and put all over the steak.....i love it.....my family loved it without the sauce too