Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A delicious meal. It's a recipe I made up. Great weekday or company meal.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs round steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 3 cups tomato sauce or 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- Saute onion, green pepper and mushrooms in butter until tender. Combine sauteed vegetables with cooked rice and mix well.
- Cut steak in 6 pieces, pound each to 1/4 inch thickness. Spread steak with rice. Roll up; fasten with toothpicks or skewer securely.
- Brown in 2 tbsps. hot butter or margarine. Pour off fat.Pour a little sauce on bottom of pan. Pour sauce over meat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
Ultimate comfort food, very easy to prepare. Everyone enjoyed the tender steak and the colorful filling. Thank you.