Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from Rachael Ray that can be done on the bbq.
Make and share this Steak Quesadillas With Hot Peach Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 4 peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 (2 lb) flank steaks
- salt and pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, 1/2 cup red onion, the jalapeno, cilantro, 1/2 cup lime juice and 1/4 cup olive oil. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining red onion and 2 tablespoons each lime juice and olive oil. Add the steak to the bag, shaking. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Pat the steak dry, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes; slice.
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet on the grill. Cover half of each tortilla with steak slices. Season the salsa with salt and pepper. Dollop 1/4 cup each salsa and cheese on the tortillas; fold in half.
- Drizzle olive oil in the skillet. Working in batches, add the quesadillas and cook until golden, 2 minutes on each side. Cut into wedges; serve with the remaining salsa and the sour cream.
Great quesadilla recipe! I left out the onions and used Sugared Jalapenos for the jalapeno, and I thought that was perfect with the peaches and lime. I enjoyed this with the steak but think it would be even better with chicken. Thanks for posting this recipe! Made for the Top Favorites of 2009 event
Wow! My DH took one bite and said, "Oh, this is good!" I followed the directions exactly, and the only change I would make next time is to salt and pepper the steak before grilling. Thanks for sharing this superb recipe!
Have the steaks marinating as we speak, TRUE! Sounds like yummy flavours combined in a GREAT recipe too! Look forward to when I make for me, Seems like a unique recipe!