Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Rachael Ray that can be done on the bbq.
Top Review by loof
Great quesadilla recipe! I left out the onions and used recipe #364662 for the jalapeno, and I thought that was perfect with the peaches and lime. I enjoyed this with the steak but think it would be even better with chicken. Thanks for posting this recipe! Made for the Top Favorites of 2009 event
- 4 peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 (2 lb) flank steaks
- salt and pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, 1/2 cup red onion, the jalapeno, cilantro, 1/2 cup lime juice and 1/4 cup olive oil. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining red onion and 2 tablespoons each lime juice and olive oil. Add the steak to the bag, shaking. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Pat the steak dry, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes; slice.
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet on the grill. Cover half of each tortilla with steak slices. Season the salsa with salt and pepper. Dollop 1/4 cup each salsa and cheese on the tortillas; fold in half.
- Drizzle olive oil in the skillet. Working in batches, add the quesadillas and cook until golden, 2 minutes on each side. Cut into wedges; serve with the remaining salsa and the sour cream.