Recipe is from Martha Stewart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Black Bean Salsa
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1In medium bowl, combine black beans, cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, lime juice and cayenne; stir to combine.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Rub steak with oregano; season with salt and pepper.
- 4In a 10-inch skillet, heat 1 t oil over high.
- 5Add steak to skillet, and cook, turning once, until browned and still rare, 2-3 minutes per side. (Steak will cook a little longer in the quesadillas during baking).
- 6Transfer steak to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes before slicing 1/4 inch thick.
- 7Preheat oven to 425 degrees with racks in upper and lower thirds.
- 8Brush one side of each tortilla with remaining 2 teaspoons oil.
- 9Place 1 tortilla, oiled side down, on each of two baking sheets.
- 10Dividing evenly, layer with half of the cheese, then onion and steak, ending with remaining cheese.
- 11Top with remaining tortillas, oiled side up.
- 12Press lightly to seal.
- 13Bake, turning over once (with wide spatula), until lightly browned and crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
- 14Transfer to a cutting board; cut each quesadilla into 6 triangles.
- 15Serve with black bean salsa and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.5
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 716.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 36.9 g