Recipe by Chef Otaktay
This handheld meal gets its flavor from the meat juices, so be careful not to overcook the steak (remember meat continues to cook after you remove it from the flame). If you like more moisture, add a splash of fat-free balsamic vinaigrette or ranch dressing.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 lb flank steak, trimmed of all visible fat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 small red potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 4 large salsa-flavored pita bread, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a quart-size sealable plastic bag, mix the lime juice, vinegar, cumin, oil and
- mustard; add the steak. Seal the bag, squeezing out any air. Refrigerate,
- turning the bag occasionally, at least 1 hour or overnight. Preheat the broiler.
- Transfer the steak to the broiler rack. Broil 4" from the heat until cooked
- through, 4-5 minutes on each side. Let stand about 5 minutes; cut on the
- diagonal into thin slices and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Place in a large.
- bowl; gently fold in the potatoes, bell pepper and scallions. Spoon into the pitas.