Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
One night I wanted Steak and Fried Potatos and my husband wanted a salad so i told him lets try mixing them together. Turns out it was amazing.
- 4 lbs rib eye steaks (cut in to thin strips)
- 5 baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons meat tenderizer
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 big head of lettuce (cut in half then cut each half into strips)
- 1 head purple cabbage
- 1 (14 ounce) box cherry tomatoes (cut in half and each half cut into strips, cut in half)
- 1 medium onion (chopped into fine pieces)
- 6 stalks celery (chopped into fine pieces)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs colby cheese (Graded)
- 1 (24 fluid ounce) bottle Italian dressing (or your favorite dressing)
- cut potatos into slices.
- in a skillet add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil let heat for 2 min on med. heat.
- add potatos, salt,and pepper to skillet,cover flip potatos every 2 minute untill golden brown and tender.
- in a seperate skillet add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil let heat for 2 minute.on med heat.
- then add steak.
- sprinkle meat tenderizer,garlic powder, ounion powder,parsley, and oreganio over steak. cook till steak is done.
- in a big bowl mix Lettuce,carrots,purple cabbage tomatoes, ounions,and celery.(do not add cheese, dressing or crutons yet).
- once steak and potatos are done add to top of salad sprinkle cheese over top of hot steak and potatos.then add favorite dressing ( i recomend Italian dressing) and crutons. Mix, Eat, and Enjoy.