Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Just found this on the Epicurious website and it looks heavenly. Another for safekeeping. Hope you enjoy it!
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (each about 1 inch thick)
- 1 3⁄4 cups peeled red potatoes, 1/3 inch cubes (10 to 12 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only; about 2 medium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 4 refrigerated pie crusts, room temperature (two 15-ounce packages)
- 1 egg, beaten to blend (for glaze)
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Add steaks to skillet and cook until medium-rare, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer steaks to plate.
- Cut steaks into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet.
- Add potatoes, leeks, and dry mustard.
- Stir 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Return beef and any accumulated juices to skillet.
- Add steak sauce and sauté 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Mix in green onions.
- Season filling to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unfold crusts on work surface.
- Cut each crust into 2 pieces along center fold.
- Brush dough with egg.
- Place 1/2 cup filling on half of each piece.
- Fold plain dough over filling; seal edges.
- Brush pies with more egg; arrange on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake pies 15 minutes.
- Reverse sheets.
- Bake until crust is golden and filling is heated through, about 10 minutes.