Just found this on the Epicurious website and it looks heavenly. Another for safekeeping. Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (each about 1 inch thick)
- 1 3/4 cups peeled red potatoes, 1/3 inch cubes (10 to 12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only; about 2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 4 refrigerated pie crusts, room temperature (two 15-ounce packages)
- 1 egg, beaten to blend (for glaze)
- 1Melt 1 tablespoon butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- 3Add steaks to skillet and cook until medium-rare, about 4 minutes per side.
- 4Transfer steaks to plate.
- 5Cut steaks into 1/2-inch cubes.
- 6Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet.
- 7Add potatoes, leeks, and dry mustard.
- 8Stir 1 minute.
- 9Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- 10Return beef and any accumulated juices to skillet.
- 11Add steak sauce and sauté 2 minutes.
- 12Remove skillet from heat.
- 13Mix in green onions.
- 14Season filling to taste with salt and pepper.
- 15Cool completely.
- 16Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 17Unfold crusts on work surface.
- 18Cut each crust into 2 pieces along center fold.
- 19Brush dough with egg.
- 20Place 1/2 cup filling on half of each piece.
- 21Fold plain dough over filling; seal edges.
- 22Brush pies with more egg; arrange on 2 baking sheets.
- 23Bake pies 15 minutes.
- 24Reverse sheets.
- 25Bake until crust is golden and filling is heated through, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak, Potato, and Leek Pies
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.4
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 473.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 12.1 g