Recipe by barefootmommawv
Definately something different. If you like A-1 give this recipe a try. I found this in an A-1 Steak sauce recipe book. Try this with garlic and herbed mashed potatoes and salad.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup a- 1 orginal steak sauce or 1⁄2 cup a- 1 bold steak sauce
- 3 cups cubed cooked steak (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- prepared pie pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart sauce pan, over medium-high heat, cook onion in margarine until tender.
- Blend in flour; cook 1 minute more.
- Add broth and steak sauce; cook and stir until mixture thickens, and begins to boil.
- Stir in steak and vegetables.
- Spoon mixture into 8 inch square glass baking dish.
- Roll out and cut pastry crust to fit over dish.
- Seal crust to edge of dish; brush with egg. Slit top of crust to vent.
- Bake 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until crush is golden brown. Serve immediately.