- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin or 2 1⁄2 lbs sirloin
- 1 ounce salt pork, diced
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat salt pork, butter and oil in saute pan.
- Add peppers, garlic, parsley and oregano.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bring to boil, reduce to a simmer and cook slowly uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Grill (or pan sear and finish in a 400 degree oven) steak, slice thinly, plate and spoon sauce over.