Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so simple and deceptively tasty.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin or 2 1⁄2 lbs sirloin
- 1 ounce salt pork, diced
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat salt pork, butter and oil in saute pan.
- Add peppers, garlic, parsley and oregano.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bring to boil, reduce to a simmer and cook slowly uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Grill (or pan sear and finish in a 400 degree oven) steak, slice thinly, plate and spoon sauce over.
Deceptively tasty is inadequate to describe this. Wasn't sure about the pork fat but used it anyway and was not dissapointed. Great recipe!!
I was very happy with the way this steak turned out, and I am kind of picky about my steak. Very tasty, not too much additinal prep time!