Alex Guarnaschelli's "The Cooking Loft"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced paper thin
- ground pepper
- 2 large onions, shredded on a grater or food processor
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (6 ounce) New York strip steaks, at room temperature
- 6 -8 basil leaves, shredded
- 1Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic, salt and pepper, and saute 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- 2Add grated onion and oregano. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add chopped tomatoes to pan. Cook 5 minutes.
- 4Add canned tomatoes. Stir well, breaking tomatoes as you do.
- 5Season steaks with salt and pepper. Sear steaks in a very hot cast iron skillet with vegetable oil. Cook 4-5 min on each side for medium rare.
- 6Transfer steaks to tomato sauce. Baste sauce over steaks and let stand off heat 5 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with shredded basil leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Pizzaiola
Serving Size: 1 (704 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.1
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 137.7 mg
- Sodium 114.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 40.1 g