Cook1 hr 30 mins
A pretty easy and delicious one-skillet meal.
Make and share this Steak Pizzaiola recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the steak and brown well on both sides.
- Slice the onion and peel the garlic.
- Remove the steak from the pan and reduce heat to medium.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for about one minute.
- Add the hot cherry peppers, if desired, and then the tomato paste.
- Roughly chop or squeeze the tomatoes and add to the pan along with the spices.
- Bring to a boil, put the steak back in the pan. Cover and lower to a simmer.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours until extremely tender.
I feel like a big jerk for not reviewing this before, because I have been using this recipe for several years now and love it! It's really delicious and always a hit. When there is anything left over, it makes for great lunch the next day. But it's so yummy everyone usually just stuffs themselves way beyond capacity and there isn't any left, hah. I think it's excellent with the hot cherry peppers, as recommended, but make sure they are REAL ones. I got some in a jar once that were too sweet and they messed up the flavor. I also use sirloin, but I'm sure the stew beef is just as fantastic! I like to cut the beef up, because I find it lends itself well to being able to put the entire concoction over a bed of whole wheat pasta. Thanks very much for this yummy recipe!
Easy and delicious! I used jalapeno peppers in place of the cherry peppers, increased the garlic and used 2 onions, also I used sirloin in place of the stew meat, thanks Lainey!...Kitten:)
Hi Lainey, thanks for a tasty recipe! As discussed with you earlier, I couldn't find cherry peppers, so used some roasted sweet red peppers along with a birds eye chili, and it worked really well. This is good, hearty Italian flavour, and all done in the one pan! I bet it would taste great tomorrow, too... if only there was some left!