Recipe by Lainey39
A pretty easy and delicious one-skillet meal.
Top Review by Chef Tami 2
I made this tonight and my husband and I absolutely loved it. The only change I made was to use sweet red peppers and I cut the steak into one inch pieces after the initial sear to make it easier to serve and eat. Thank you for a delicious recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (3 lb) chuck steaks
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- hot cherry pepper (really good I use several) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled plum tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the steak and brown well on both sides.
- Slice the onion and peel the garlic.
- Remove the steak from the pan and reduce heat to medium.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for about one minute.
- Add the hot cherry peppers, if desired, and then the tomato paste.
- Roughly chop or squeeze the tomatoes and add to the pan along with the spices.
- Bring to a boil, put the steak back in the pan. Cover and lower to a simmer.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours until extremely tender.