Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is modified from a recipe I got from my wifes mother. It is delicious!!!
- 3 lbs skirt steaks (butterflied and cut thin, try to avoid any holes in the meat)
- 10 skewers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces asiago cheese
- 6 ounces gorgonzola
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- 8 scallions (white section removed)
- Season skirt steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Lay steak out flat (so that the butterflied area is open like a book doubling the size of the steak).
- Grate and sprinkle 4oz. asiago cheese over steak.
- lay Scallions on top of Asiago cheese.
- lay raw spinach on top of scallions.
- crumble 6oz. gorgonzola cheese on top of raw spinach.
- starting at the bottom lengthwise roll steak into a log tucking everything inside and sealing it with the meat (like a pinwheel, get it!)
- once rolled cut into slices and skewer so they don't reopen.
- grill on each side until desired steak doneness. Enjoy!