- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut in 1-inch strips
- 1 large red pepper, chopped thick
- 1 large green pepper, chopped thick
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet (or a dutch oven), cook meat, onion and garlic until meat is brown.
- Once meat is browned, add peppers and mushrooms and cook until tender (about 5-8 minutes).
- Add rest of ingredients to pot and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve plain, with rice or with mashed potatoes.