From Prevention Magazine. I actually made just mashed potatoes, because I had no cauliflower at home but I am sure the combination is good. The mini sweet peppers are showing up in all the grocery stores I frequent and I have used them in many ways. This looks so pretty on the plate!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover potatoes and cauliflower with 2" of cold water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2Drain and return to the pan and mash with the buttermilk. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- 3Heat broiler while vegetables cook.
- 4Rub top of steak with garlic and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp each salt and black pepper. Place on one side of foil-lined sheet pan.
- 5Arrange the sweet peppers on the other side of the pan.
- 6Lightly coat all with olive oil spray.
- 7Broil 6" from heat, turning until peppers are golden brown on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes, and steak is cooked to medium-rare, about 10 minutes.
- 8Let steak rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- 9Spoon mashed cauli-potatoes onto plates and serve with steak and peppers.
- 10Drizzle peppers with vinegar, if desired (and this is recommended!).
- 11Note: I am sure you can use chunks of mixed sweet bell peppers if the mini peppers are not available.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak, Peppers, and Mashed Caulitatoes
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 134.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mini sweet peppers