Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My favorite sandwich at our local pizza shop. I'm so glad I figured out how to make them at home!
- 8 -10 sandwich steaks, broken into 1 inch wide strips (I use Philly Gourmet)
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce (I use Bertolli's Vidalia Onion with Roasted Garlic) or 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 steak rolls or 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 -8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Fry sandwich steaks in frying pan, stirring often.
- When no longer pink, pour off grease. I also usually blot the with paper towels to remove even more.
- Stir in sauce.
- On a baking sheet, lay steak or hoagie buns open flat.
- Divide meat mixture evenly and place on both sides of the buns.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place under broiler about 5-6 minutes or until cheese has melted and it starting to brown.
These were good. It was a quick and easy weeknight meal. I used Steak-Ums and followed the recipe as written. Will make again.
Really good, tasty, filling sandwich. Served with homemade coleslaw and fries. I actually made the rolls using #204548 Italian Bread for the ABM. Rave reviews from family and company alike. Will make again, thanks for posting.
Really good, easy sandwich! I sauteed some sliced green bell peppers and sliced onions before adding the steak to the skillet, then mixed it all together. I also toasted the naked buns :) under the broiler before adding the filling and doing the final broiling. Very good and filling.